These terms and conditions constitute the full and service agreement (the “Agreement”) between you (the “Customer”) and Tiffany Maids .
Please take some time to review this Agreement. Use of our services constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Tiffany Maids agrees to provide domestic cleaning services (the “Service”) to the Customer at an address specified by the Customer (the “Premises”).
- The Service will be for such cleaning duties as agreed with the Customer at the time of booking.
- Tiffany Maids will provide one or more cleaners (the “Cleaner”) to attend the Premises to provide the Service at a time and date mutually agreed between Tiffany Maids and the Customer (the “Service Time”).
- Tiffany Maids endeavours to provide the Service faithfully, diligently and in a timely and professional manner.
Additions and Amendments
- Any changes to the Service to be provided must be agreed by Tiffany Maids prior to the Service Time.
- If the Customer requires any additional services or variations at the time the Service is being performed, the Customer must first contact Tiffany Maids by telephone, who may agree to provide the additional services in its absolute discretion. The Cleaner is not authorised to agree to any changes to the Service being provided. The Customer must not request such changes directly from the Cleaner.
Customer Representations And Warranties
- The Customer represents and warrants that:
- It will provide a safe working environment at the Premises for the Cleaner to perform the Service
- The Cleaner will have unencumbered and unobstructed access to those areas of the Premises requiring the Service
- It will provide the Cleaner with access to all services and utilities (including hot and cold water, electricity, and rubbish bins) as required by the Cleaner to provide the Service
- It will provide all usual and necessary cleaning equipment and materials required by the Cleaner to provide the Service, unless other arrangements have been made with Tiffany Maids
- All cleaning equipment and materials provided by the Customer are safe, have not been tampered with and are in full working order
- It will advise Tiffany Maids prior to the commencement of the Service of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime at the Premises
- If the Customer requires the Cleaner to clean behind or under any heavy items (eg. a fridge, bookshelf, or other furniture), it will move those items prior to the commencement of the Service
- It will secure or remove any fragile, delicate, breakable or valuable items, including cash, jewellery, works of art, antiques, or items of sentimental value prior to the commencement of the Service.
Health And Safety Risks
- In addition to the obligations and warranties set out in clause 3 above, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that
- The Cleaner is entitled to undertake a job safety analysis before the commencement of any to assess the health and safety risk at the Premises
- The Cleaner may, either before or during the provision of the Service not use or cease using any materials or cleaning equipment provided by the Customer if the Cleaner thinks, in their absolute discretion, that the use of such materials or cleaning equipment poses a risk to health and safety
- The Cleaner may, either before or during the provision of the Service not provide or cease the provision of the Service where carrying out the Service presents, in the absolute discretion of the Cleaner, a risk to health and safety.
No Engagement Of Cleaners
- The Customer acknowledges Tiffany Maids invests significant resources in recruiting, selecting and training its Cleaners. Unless Tiffany Maids gives prior written permission, the Customer must not, directly or indirectly, engage, employ or contract with any Cleaner to provide domestic services to the Customer or any associate of the customer for any period during which services are provided by Tiffany Maids or for a period within 12 months after the conclusion of any Service.
- The Customer acknowledges that Tiffany Maids may suffer loss and damage, including, without limitation consequential loss, as a result of a breach of this clause by the Customer
- The actual price payable by the Customer is calculated on the total number of hours worked by the Cleaner
- Any price quoted by Tiffany Maids is an estimate only based on Tiffany Maids experience, without inspection, and based on information provided by the Customer. Subject to this clause, quotes are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of the quote
- If at the commencement or during the course of providing the Service, it is apparent that the actual cost of the Service will exceed the quote provided by Tiffany Maids, Tiffany Maids will provide the Customer with the option to pay an increased fee to complete the Service, or pay the quoted amount without the Service being completed.
- The Customer must inform Tiffany Maids whether any cleaning services required are for an ‘end of tenancy’ at the time of quotation.
- The Customer may make a booking either in person, by telephone, fax, and email or on the Tiffany Maids website.
- At the time of booking the Customer must provide details of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime located at the Premises
- Tiffany Maids provides all quotations at the time of booking
- The Customer agrees to provide Tiffany Maids with their valid credit card details at the time of booking, and authorises Tiffany Maids to debit any card with an amount equal to any service and/or cancellation fees that may apply under this Agreement
- Tiffany Maids reserves the right not to accept a booking for any reason
- The Customer agrees to pay the price quoted by Tiffany Maids in full prior to or at the Service Time, unless otherwise agreed in advance with Tiffany Maids
- If no payment has been made by the Service Time, Tiffany Maids will use reasonable endeavours to contact the Customer for payment. In the event that Tiffany Maids cannot contact the Customer or payment is not made by the Service Time, the Customer will be deemed to have cancelled the Service, and the Customer must pay any cancellation fees or charges due set out in clause 16.GST
- Unless specified otherwise, all prices and quotations are expressed to be GST exclusive amounts
- If GST is payable in respect of anything supplied to the Customer under this Agreement, then the amount which the Customer is obliged to pay for that supply (Original Amount) will (subject to the receipt of a valid tax invoice) be grossed up so that Tiffany Maids receives an amount which, after subtracting the GST liability of Tiffany Maids, results in Tiffany Maids retaining the Original Amount.
Late Payment Fee
- Where Tiffany Maids has agreed to invoice the Customer for payment of fees after the Service has been completed, the Customer agrees to pay in full, all fees due, within 7 days of the invoice date.
- The Customer agrees that if Tiffany Maids has not received payment in full for the Service within one calendar month of the original invoice date then a late payment fee of $15 applies for the first month. Interest will be charged on the fixed rate of 10% per annum on each day that any amount remains outstanding thereafter.
- In addition to the amounts set out above, the Customer agrees to indemnify Tiffany Maids for all legal costs (on a solicitor and own client or full indemnity basis, whichever is greater) and other expenses incurred by Tiffany Maids in connection with a demand, action, or other proceeding (including mediation, out of court settlement or any action taken for recovery of debt from the Customer) arising out of a breach of these terms including the failure by the Customer to pay an amount by the due date.
- If a Cleaner fails to attend the Premises within 1 hour of the Service Time and does not provide the requested Service, Tiffany Maids will provide the Customer with either
- A full refund of payments made by the Customer; or
- Offer to reschedule the Service at another time mutually agreed between the Customer and Tiffany Maids
- If the Customer is dissatisfied for any reason with the Service provided, it must inform Tiffany Maids within 24 hours of completion of the Service. Tiffany Maids strives to achieve 100% customer satisfaction and will endeavour to resolve the problem quickly and efficiently. Tiffany Maids may, at its discretion, offer the Customer either of the following
- A partial or full refund
- Re-supply of the Service without charge
- Such other remedy as deemed appropriate by Tiffany Maids
Accidents, Breakage, Damage & Theft
- The Customer must inform Tiffany Maids of any incident where an accident, breakage, damage to property or theft has occurred due to any act of the Cleaner within 24 hours of completion of the Service
- The Customer must provide Tiffany Maids with at least 7 working days notice prior to the Service Time, if they wish to suspend, postpone, 30 days notice to cancel the Service for any reason.
- In the event that such notice has been given, Tiffany Maids will endeavour to reschedule the Service if required.
- In the event that the Customer does not provide 7 days notice prior to the commencement of the Service, the Customer agrees to pay a fees equivalent to cleaning time (inclusive of GST) for administrative costs and loss.
Fee For Non-access To Premises
- In the event that the Customer does not provide unencumbered access the Premises for Tiffany Maids or its Cleaners to provide the Service, the Customer agrees to pay a fee equivalent to time of the cleaning (inclusive of GST) for administrative and travel costs.
- This Agreement may be terminated by the Customer by providing at least 30 days notice prior to the Service Time.
- Subject to clause 18(c), Tiffany Maids may terminate this Agreement by providing the Customer with at least 7 days notice prior to the Service Time.
- Tiffany Maids may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect if the Customer is in breach of this Agreement, and in the opinion of Tiffany Maids, that breach is incapable of remedy.
- The Customer acknowledges that any information provided by the Customer may be used by Tiffany Maids for the purpose of providing the Service. Tiffany Maids agrees not to share any information provided by the Customer with any third party not directly involved in the provision of the Service (unless required to do so by law)
- The Customer agrees to Tiffany Maids communicating with them electronically and/or via other means in order to provide the Service or for reasons related to the provision of the Service.
- Tiffany Maids will take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information provided by the Customer from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Changes To This Agreement
- Tiffany Maids reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice, and may do so by publishing an updated agreement on its website. Each updated agreement will take effect 24 hours after it has been published on the website
- The Customer agrees that any use of the Service following any such change, whether as a single job or as part of a regular cleaning schedule, constitutes their agreement to follow and be bound by the terms and conditions as changed.
Law & Jurisdiction
- The Customer and Tiffany Maids acknowledge and accept that this Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of WA and both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of WA in the event of any dispute.
- The Customer agrees that if any term or provision is held invalid, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be considered severable and the remaining terms and provisions shall continue to be binding.